Thursday, July 28, 2011

Clouds


Taken: 6/16/11. North Logan, UT.

2 comments:

emma said...

i love clouds- and find them very tricky to photograph. they almost never look quite right in photos or have that same effect. that said- this photo is gorgeous! i love it.

Heather said...

Thanks! I love clouds too. Utah is a great place to get cloud shots because there's such big, open skies. And usually great colors in the sky. Up on Burnaby Mountain was also a great place for cloud shots (when it's not gray, that is...). Here, not so much. There's not as many big open skies; too many things in the way, and thus the lighting is not the same. And the clouds just aren't as photographic here. The humidity can sometimes make things too hazy. That's not to say I haven't gotten some good cloud shots here, but I just feel they were more abundant in other places I've lived. Particularly Utah.